Volt Europa has resolved to have all its teams be lead by gender-balanced co-leads, and this is a vacancy for both the female and male position.
- Reporting to: Valerie Sternberg & Reinier van Lanschot
- Hours: ~7hrs per week baseline
- Location: no particular location is required
- Time limit for sending the applications: 2020-07-10
Purpose of the position:
Advising the Board, with the party’s political priorities determined by the presidents. The objective is to enable Volt to position itself topically, rapidly and strategically on the day-to-day political developments of the European political scene.
Key responsibilities & duties:
Strategic political advising of the European board; coordinate the work of Volt Europa’s Public Affairs Team. Managing the drafting of rapid responses to the goings-on of European politics.
- Advising (chiefly) the co-presidents and the European Board on the strategic positioning of Volt Europa. (45% of time spent)
- Coordinating the work of the public affairs team, setting the political priorities of the European level alongside the presidents.(30% of time spent)
- Managing rapid responses & liaising between topical experts, the European board, Country Council and Volt’s European Parliamentary Office. (25% of time spent)
You offer professional experience in public affairs, and bring organisational talent, a strategic mind, as well as a flexible mindset that enables you to proactively and effectively advise based on European politics. You seek to contribute to a positive change of your community and Europe.
We offer you to work with highly committed and skilled Europeans who aim to change the European political scene. You’ll get a unique opportunity to impact Volt’s political work, through the establishment of a strategic political apparatus.
- Professional experience in public affairs or strategic communications
- Comprehensive knowledge of European Affairs and/or International Relations
- Excellent english
- Managerial experience
- Additional Languages
- Volt Experience
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page) and a video where you introduce yourself and tell what you would like to achieve in this role.
Contact details: Would you like further information regarding this role? Please send an email to Valerie and Joel.