Internship Political Assistant Co-president of the Board of Volt Europa (female/male/diverse)
Program start date: September 1, 2022.
Hours required: 4-5 days per week for approximately 5 months is preferred, but a different set-up can be agreed upon together.
Allowance: Volt Europa is a volunteer movement with limited resources that, unfortunately, for now, cannot pay an allowance but expenses will be reimbursed.
Location: No particular location is required. You will mainly be active in the location of your choice. Depending on where that is, Volt has several offices across Europe that you could go to.
Reporting to: Reinier van Lanschot, co-president board of Volt Europa.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2022.
Volt wants to change politics, empower people, and unite Europe. We believe that only Europeans that act together can solve our shared challenges. We are a Pan-European movement with over 100 elected officials in five different countries. Volt Europa is a young, international and dynamic organization. We work with thousands of volunteers from all corners of Europe.
Volt Europa offers the chance to experience European politics firsthand. Apply and become a part of our community! We are a young and ambitious organization who want to see the European Union change for the better.
About the Internship
You will be volunteering as a political assistant for the European Board, for Reinier van Lanschot in particular. You will have daily contact with Reinier van Lanschot, since you will be responsible for his social media, and external relations. You will familiarize yourself with a wide range of political topics. You will support a variety of tasks from writing speeches, preparing interviews, and creating and publishing content. You will also be the secretary for various meetings giving you valuable insights in how a Pan-European political movement works.
At Volt, there is always room to engage in various projects. If a particular subject or project interests you, there is room for you to dedicate time towards that.
- You are passionate for Volt’s vision, mission, and policies.
- You are fluent in writing and speaking English.
- You have knowledge of, and interest, in (European) politics.
- You have good communication skills and cultural sensitivity.
- You have affinity with social media and marketing/branding, and writing.
- You are good at working independently, thus self-motivated: we provide a large amount of freedom. This means you are in charge of your own schedule and will have to plan accordingly.
- You are trustworthy, reliable, proactive, curious and have a positive attitude.
- You have good argumentative and social skills.
- You are eager to learn, engage and make mistakes.
- You are able to meet deadlines.
- Speaking Dutch is nice to have, but not necessary.
- Ideally, you are nearing the end of your bachelor's degree or pursuing your master’s (in the field of political science, law, history, communications, or a similar degree).
- Design and video editing skills.
- Experience with, or a passion for social media, marketing, and external communications.
Interested? Send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a motivation letter (maximum one page) or a short video. For more information you can reach out to email@example.com.