Internship Political Assistant Co-president of the Board of Volt Europa (female/male/diverse)
Program start date: September 1, 2022.
Hours required: 40 hours per week, for approximately 6 months.
Allowance: Volt Europa is a volunteer movement with limited resources that, unfortunately, for now, cannot pay an allowance but expenses will be reimbursed.
Location: No particular location is required. You will mainly be active in the location of your choice. Depending on where that is, Volt has several offices across Europe that you could go to.
Reporting to: Francesca Romana D’Antuono, co-president board of Volt Europa.
Application Deadline: 3rd July, 2022.
Volt wants to change politics, empower people, and unite Europe. We believe that a Europe that acts together can solve our shared challenges. We are a Pan-European movement with over 100 elected officials in five different countries. Volt Europa is a young, international and dynamic organization. We work with thousands of volunteers from all corners of Europe. Volt Europa offers the chance to experience European politics firsthand. Apply and become a part of our community! We are a young and ambitious organization who want to see the European Union change for the better.
About the Internship
You will be the political assistant for the European Board, in particular for Francesca Romana D’Antuono co-president of the organization. You will be helping her pushing Volt political agenda through different channels: by managing her social media; helping the writing, reviewing and pitching of Op.Ed.s, speeches and preparing interviews; reaching out to media outlets as well as other organizations to create synergies and connections; following projects from start to end.
You will familiarize yourself with a wide range of political topics and be the secretary for various meetings, learning all about the role of co-president of a paneuropean political party, as well as how the organization works and develops. You will be responsible for your own schedule and planning in a result-oriented environment, helping make European politics more progressive, disruptive and fun!
● You have knowledge of and interest in (European) politics. Special interest in social equality (with
a focus on economic inequality and civil rights) and migration is a great fit;
● You are fluent in writing and speaking English;
● You have a strategic and results-oriented mindset as well as passion for creating or spotting occasions of synergies with other organizations, parties’ or networks to push Volt’s political agenda;
● You have affinity with marketing/branding including social media and articles/speeches writing;
● You are able to scout for good information sources, digest, sum up and simplify complex documents;
● You have sensitivity towards other cultures;
● You are able to work independently and are self-motivated: we provide a large amount of freedom. This means you are in charge of your own schedule and will have to plan accordingly.
● Proactive, eager to learn, engage, make mistakes and have fun;
● Able to navigate in a hectic environment and stay focused on the goal;
● Trustworthy: you will have privileged access to a variety of different information and it’s important to be discreet;
● Entrepreneurial mindset: we are creating something big and crazy ambitious! You will have the chance of giving your contribution, grasp it!;
● Experience with or a passion for PR, networking and creating connections;
● Volt is primarily a volunteer organization, which means we do not have fixed hours. We aim for interns to volunteer 40 hours per week and this will be flexible. Meetings often take place in the late afternoon or at night due to the fact that the majority of our staff works voluntarily.
Nice to Have
● Speak Italian, as well as having some knowledge of the Italian media and politics, is nice to have, but not mandatory;
● Ideally, you are nearing the end of your bachelor's degree or pursuing your master’s (in the field of political science, law, history, communications, or a similar degree).
● Design and video editing skills;
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your CV and a motivation letter (maximum one page) or a short video. Deadline for applications: 3rd July, 2022.
For more information you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org