Media Relations team
Did you know that most people join or vote for Volt because they read or hear about us in newspapers, on the web or on the radio? If you want to tell the world who we are, what we are doing and why we are doing it, join the Media Relations team!
Volt is a volunteer-driven organisation and this is an open member position on a voluntary basis.
- Working closely with the current media relations team for Europe, and with media relations teams in Europe.
- Hours: > 8 hrs per week
- Location: no particular location is required
- Time limit for sending the applications: N/A (Open call)
Key responsibilities & duties
- Proactively build and maintain professional relationships with journalists'
- Position local Volters in the media
- Identify issues that are already or are likely to be hot in the media
- Write press releases if appropriate
- Translate and distribute Europe-wide press releases coming from EUR Comms
- Help local Volters place opinion pieces in national/local media
- Participate in weekly European Comms/Media Relations coordination call
- Build a national team
- Track progress
- Positive/can do attitude
- People skills
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Team orientated approach
- Good understanding of the G suite
Please send an email to email@example.com with your CV, and a short email where you introduce yourself and tell us what you would like to achieve in this role.
Contact details: Would you like further information regarding this role? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org