Electoral Committee Member
Great that you are interested to work together with thousands of Europeans and that you want to contribute to shaping our future by working on the European level of Volt. Towards the end of this year, in October we are organizing the elections for our European Board and Conflict Resolution Body. For that important responsibility, we are seeking members to form our Electoral Committee.
The Electoral Committee is an independent body responsible for organizing and overseeing all the internal elections of the Association as well as overseeing all voting operations of the Assembly.
When you become part of the Electoral Committee, you will be part of a team composed of 5 members representing different (associated) Member Associations throughout our movement in Europe. The Electoral Committee will be taking care of the organization of our internal elections and the voting at our General Assemblies. You will have a direct impact on the elections for the leaders of our movement and the voting procedures at our General Assemblies.
You will be working closely with the leaders of our organization in the European Board and the Country Council. It will be a wonderful ride, an incredibly challenging, stimulating, and dynamic work experience!
Are you in? Then, apply now!
What's waiting for you:
- Organizing all our internal elections
- Implement an election framework for the internal elections
- Organize and administer the call for candidates as well as review the applications received
- Oversee the electoral campaign of candidates and responsible to ensure fairness among all candidates
- Validate guidelines for the selection of candidates
- Oversee voting operations at our General Assemblies
What competences you should have:
The Electoral Committee will be composed of 5 members and as a group we will look towards the following skills and experience to be combined:
- Project management skills and experience
- Communication skills
- Languages: English and by preference French or Dutch (because we are registered in Belgium as an AISBL)
- Legal skills
- Technical skills (Zoom, Tusker, etc.)
- Experience in (internal) election campaigns
Experience in an electoral committee of an (A)MA of Volt is considered a big plus.
Procedure and next steps:
The interviews will be held with the our current European Board represented. Based on that the European Board will propose the candidates to our Country Council that then formally appoints the Electoral Body. We aim to complete the appointment process by early July 2023.
The first elections to be organized by the Electoral Committee will be in October 2023 so you will be straight away involved with setting up the required framework and start with its executing of the elections and campaigns.
How to apply:
Please send your CV, motivation (maximum 1 page) and video (maximum of 3 minutes) to introduce yourself and what you hope to achieve as a member of the Electoral Committee through an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org