Discord Team member (Unpaid)
We are looking for talented Discord team members to help improve our pan-European Discord server with more than 10 000 members.
Volt Europa is a pan-European movement with more than 10 000 members and volunteers across Europe. Our goal is simple: we believe in the European dream but we want to make it better and more democratic.
The EUR Discord Team works on maintaining and improving Volt’s official Discord server.
About the position
The tasks of a Discord team member can be quite diverse depending on what you’re interested in and what your skill set is.
Moderating the Discord chat, hosting events, welcoming new members on the Volt Discord server, implementing ideas on how to improve the Discord, developing bots in either Python or Node.TS, are just some of the areas you can get involved in. People of all skillsets are welcome in our team, you do not need to be versed in all of the different areas!
This position is very flexible and the time investment can range from half an hour a week to as many as you want to invest, all depending on what your schedule allows. We do hope for people who can invest at least two hours per week though, as that will relieve more time from current team members. This will then leave more time to improve our Discord.
Volt Europa strives for parity between men and women, since the ratio among our Discord moderators is slightly off, we especially encourage people identifying as female or non-binary to apply!
- moderate Discord chat
- give a new perspective on the Discord server
- discuss good ideas for improving the Discord with other team members
- interested in improving a platform that has recruited Volters in the past and will hopefully continue to do so in the future
- fair in case of disputes amongst members
- good at interacting with members diplomatically
- good at moderating
- An assertive mindset
- A professional mindset
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please send the following information:
- Why do you think you would be a good fit based on the points previously described?
- What tasks would you be most interested in doing and for how many hours per week?
- Why do you think you can handle this amount of responsibility?
- How long have you been a member of Volt and what positions have you held before?
- Your full name, e-mail address (preferably Volt e-mail if available), date of birth and village/town/city and country of residence
To email@example.com with the subject "Discord Team Application”.
When to apply
There is no deadline for this application. We will keep looking at applications on a rolling basis.
This is an unpaid position.
Volt Europa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Volt Europa does not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity.
Get the chance to improve your skills in social media management and communication with a large community of like-minded volunteers from all over Europe!