Backend Developer (Elixir/Ruby)
Together with Volt’s dynamic pan-European Tech team, you’ll be helping to improve and build new features for our membership management tools based on Elixir and Ruby.
- Experience with MVC web framework concepts
- Some experience building REST APIs
- A curious mind and an interest in functional programming
- Good communication skills in English
The following qualifications are welcome but entirely optional.
If you aren’t yet experience with the following concepts, you’ll be working together with more experienced developers, making this volunteer position a great learning opportunity.
- Experience with Elixir’s Phoenix framework
- Some experience working with Git-based workflows
- Some experience working with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Experience with Gitlab’s continuous integration pipelines
- Experience with the Gutenberg editor and React
For this volunteer opportunity, you should have 4-6 hours available per week.
How to apply
If you’re interested in this volunteer opportunity or have any questions regarding this position, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 June 2022. A formal CV is not required.