General Secretary's Office - Intern Position
Volt wants to change politics, empower people, and unite Europe. We believe that only Europeans that act together can solve our shared challenges. Volt Europa is a Pan-European movement with over 100 elected officials in five different countries. We are a young, international and dynamic organisation that works with thousands of professionals and volunteers from all corners of Europe.
Volt Europa offers the chance to experience European politics firsthand. Apply and become a part of our community! We are an ambitious organisation who want to impact the European Union for the better.
You will be working as an intern for the General Secretary's Office of Volt Europa (GSO). The internship will be supervised by the Co-General Secretaries George Penn and Liping Oerlemans. You will work closely with George and / or Liping on a daily basis as you will be responsible and involved in a large range of tasks related to the GSO. We will look for two or three interns to be involved in the following tasks:
- Support the team with designing, coordinating and organising trainings for members
- Administrative tasks:
- Taking minutes of meetings
- Keeping our organigramme up to date
- Updating the website
- Social media support
- Assist with design requests
- Support in (re)thinking how to activate and empower members
- Support the team in developing and organising internal and external events
- Assist with organising the European General Assembly taking place in June 2023 in Bucharest
- Finance and Fundraising:
- Support in designing, creating and organising fundraising activities
- Support the finance team in activities related to the 2023 Budget, transactions and administrative tasks
- Legal / Governance:
- Support the legal team in reviewing and if necessary rewriting the Statues and Internal regulations
- Set-up a framework for electoral funding
At Volt, there is always room to engage in various projects. If a particular subject or project interests you, there is room for you to dedicate time towards that.
Need to have:
- A passion for Volt’s vision, mission, and policies
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Communication skills: at Volt Europa you will deal with professionals and volunteers from all backgrounds and all corners of Europe. Good communications skills are therefore required as well as cultural sensitivity
- Working independently and self-motivated: we provide a large amount of freedom. This means you are in charge of your own schedule and will have to plan accordingly.
Please note: EU working rights are required. (Either you have EU Citizenship or you are registered to study in the EU).
Characteristics that suit a candidate for this internship:
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Independent, proactive, curious and positive attitude
- Argumentative and social skills
- Eager to learn, engage, and make mistakes
- Volt is primarily a volunteer organisation, which means we do not have fixed working hours. We aim for interns to work 40 hours per week, so working in the evening gives the opportunity to take the morning off, but being flexible is important.
- Able to work with deadlines
Nice to have:
- Ideally, you are nearing the end of your bachelor's degree or pursuing your master’s.
- Program start date: 16-31 January 2023
- Time: 5 days a week, for approximately 6 months.
- Allowance: Volt Europa is a volunteer movement with limited resources, that for now, cannot provide compensation, but in case of travel, expenses will be reimbursed.
- Location: No particular location is required. You will mainly work from the location of your choice. Depending on where that is you will also be able to work in a Volt office (located in The Hague) from time to time. Approximately once or twice a week.
- Reporting to: George Penn and / or Liping Oerlemans, Co-General Secretaries of Volt Europa.
How to apply:
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a motivation letter (maximum one page) or a short video. Deadline for applications: 31 December 2022.
For more information you can reach out to email@example.com