Events Co-Lead (male/diverse)
Volt Europa is a dynamic and growing political presence in Europe with ambitious plans for the European Elections in 2024. To realise these ambitious plans, Volt Europa needs to continue to energise its members and attract new ones. That's where the Volt Europa Events team comes in.
The Events team is responsible for the delivery of Volt’s General Assemblies, as well as other regular and spontaneous pan-European events. They work closely with Volt Europa’s Board of Directors, other functional teams within Volt Europa, and many different national chapters to ensure our organisation continues to be increasingly attractive to members and voters alike.
Volt Europa is looking for a male/diverse co-lead for the Events team who will be able to manage a diverse portfolio of events, empower the other team members, and ensure the successful delivery of scheduled events, as well as proactively suggesting new ideas.
Role and responsibilities
- Supervising and managing diverse projects
- Coordinating and organising large scale European events such as GAs (40% of time spent)
- Coordinating “regular” EUR Events (20 % of time spent)
- Team management & development (10 % of time spent)
- Informing national events leads on events and actions, supporting them and fostering knowledge transfer (20% of time spent)
- Coordinating with other functional teams (10% of time spent)
Time commitment: approx. 10-20 hrs per week depending on the time of year and events to be planned.
- General Assembly team - currently operational and responsible for organising GAs
- Meet Volt Europa team - needs developing. Online event series to help people interested in Volt meet Volt Europa
- Pan-European Action team - needs developing, coordinates simultaneous pan-European events as a tool for social change.
- Organisational skills: maintaining structures and coordinating multiple teams
- (Intercultural) communication skills
- Leadership skills: team-oriented approach
- Problem-solving attitude
- A spirit of entrepreneurship and initiative
- Project management experience, particularly in relation to event organisation
- Experience working within Volt
If you recognise yourself in this description, please send an email to Anouk Ooms (Volt Europa Board Member, firstname.lastname@example.org), George Penn (Volt Europa Co-General Secretary, email@example.com), and Kim Roskam (Volt Europa Events Co-Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV, a motivation letter (max. 1 page), and a video (max. 3mins) where you introduce yourself and explain what you would like to achieve in this role by 02 January 2023.
Volt Europa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Volt Europa does not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity.
Volt Europa has a 2-leads structure for all positions. Given that we already have a female co-lead for this position, this position is only open to people identifying as men or non-binary.
This is a volunteer position.