Policy Platform System Engineer - EUR Policy
We are looking for a motivated System Engineer to join our team as a volunteer for the development of Volt Europa’s Policy Platform. Building towards further Pan-European integration between all different teams within Volt Europa, this platform is designed to streamline the creation, sharing, and collaboration of policies within our organisation and with external stakeholders.
About the position
As a system engineer, you will play a crucial role in the design, development, and maintenance of this platform, and also act as a liaison between different teams to set up processes within the wiki-based application. You will collaborate with the co-leads and various policy teams from all over Europe to define structures and processes to functionally and uniformly implement the platform for all of Volt.
- Collaborate with the lead developer and co-lead to design and implement the platform
- Help ensure that the platform is scalable, secure, and reliable
- Act as a liaison between different teams to establish processes within the wiki application
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders to align expectations and goals
- Spend about 6 hours a week working with us
- Experienced in the field of system engineering
- Familiar with the development of a broadly used platform is a plus
- Strong in communication and teamwork abilities
- Experienced in dealing with a variety of teams
- Have a grasp of what it means to work on project with volunteers
We know those are highly specialised skills and quite hard to come by, so if in doubt, apply!
As a volunteer, you will gain experience in system engineering and team liaising while contributing to an important cause. If you are a self-starter and motivated person we would love to hear from you.
Apply today and join our team in building a game-changing platform for policy-making by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Be aware that this is an unpaid position.
Volt Europa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Volt Europa does not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity.
If you are not a member of Volt, you will be asked to become a member as part of onboarding. If you already want to become a member (great idea!), go to:https://volt.team/join.