We are looking for a female co-lead
- Reporting to: Valerie Sternberg and Konrad Ritter
- Working with Thor Larholm, male Policy Co-lead
- Hours: 15 hrs per week
- Location: no particular location is required
- Time limit for sending the applications: 1st of April 2020
Ensure the development of European policies, positions and programmes and support national policy teams. The European policy team consists of the lead(s) and up to 12 facilitators each representing one of the 5+1 Challenges: Smart State, Economic Renaissance, Social Equality, Global Balance, Citizen Empowerment, EU Reform.
Key responsibilities & duties:
Responsible for the work of the European policy team, for coordination of Challenge facilitators and for communication with and supporting national policy teams.
Tasks and Competencies:
- Responsible for the work of the European Policy team and for ensuring a coherent political vision and development of European policies/positions/programmes. Coordinate Challenge facilitators and set team goals. Organise and lead team calls. Support the creation of a new policy process and any interim processes. (60% of time spent)
- Ensure regular communication with National policy leads and provide support when needed (including creation of support material). (20% of time spent)
- Represent the European policy team in discussions with the Board and other teams(20% of time spent)
- Leadership skills.
- Team oriented approach.
- Project management and organisational skills.
- Available to regularly answer messages and calls.
- Fluency in English.
- Organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and seek consensus
Work experience and skills (optional)
- Prior experience of working in an office/within a team
- Experience in leading a team
Optional (but preferred)
- Experience in building teams
- Prior experience in policy teams in Volt
Please send an email to email@example.com and to Valerie.firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to Thor.Larholm@volteuropa.org and Zuzana.Struharova@volteuropa.org.
Include your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page) and a video (max 3 min) where you introduce yourself and tell us what you would like to achieve in this role.
For further information regarding this role, please send an email to Thor and Zuzana.