Legislative Office Lead (m/d)
About the position
Volt is a pan-European Party that wants to create a new European future by strengthening democratic principles, transparency, equality of chances, inclusiveness and respect. As a legislative advisor, you will be part of the Volt Policy Team. Your task will be to make sure that Volt’s policy proposals are based on sound legal grounds, depicting how a certain policy can be realised from a legal point of view.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Analysing and documenting the legal base for Volt’s ambitious policies: What existing legislation is supportive and what needs to be altered in order to realise Volt’s policies
- Working closely together with other members of the Volt policy team by developing strategies on how policies can be achieved from a legal perspective
- Best-practices: researching existing legislative concepts in European countries that support Volt’s policies
- Frequent Communication with team members
Experience and Skills
We seek someone who has a high motivation to work for the European team. Someone who thinks outside the box has innovative ideas, offers solution-oriented approaches and likes to challenge the status quo.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who have
- Ideally legal knowledge or legal experience preferably related to EU law (e.g. through an academic or professional career)
- An understanding and/or experience with policy writing and legal structures
- Strong communication and writing skills
- An eye to detail
- A great team-worker who likes to operate in interdisciplinary teams
We value and encourage diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age and sexual ideology, age, sexual orientation and identity.
How to apply
Please send an email to the policy leads, Claudio Lanza and Inês Bravo Figueiredo, firstname.lastname@example.org presenting yourself as a candidate together with a CV that should show clearly your skills, professional experience and academic background.
Additionally, you should include a brief motivation letter that describes why you are interested in joining the European Policy Team and why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this position.
If shortlisted, you will be contacted to have two interviews with the Editorial Review Lead and the European Policy Leads.
In case of any questions please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com