The Editorial Review Team, Part of the European Policy Team, is looking for several motivated and hard-working people to become editors to review policy proposals and support policy initiators. The core goal of the editor’s work is to help to continuously improve the quality of Volt Europa’s policy portfolio.
The European Policy Team has as its main purpose overseeing and promoting policy making within Volt Europa. We are also responsible to apply and develop the policy process, as well as, working with the Board, National Policy Team and all Volt members on policies. We are currently working to improve our communication strategy and to make policy-making more inclusive with the highest quality and standard to serve the vision of Volt Europa.
About the position
What you will do as member of the editorial review team:
- Review policies and policy proposals (peer review) as subject matter expert for one or more of our 5+1 challenges;
- Smart State
- Economic Renaissance
- Social Equality
- Global Balance
- Citizen Empowerment
- EU Reform
- Review policies and policy proposals ensuring inclusive language, MoP (Mapping of Policies) Coherence and pan-European relevance;
- Ensure English proficiency for our policies;
- Work together with the proposal teams to ensure the required quality.
- Knowledge and experience (preferably professional or connected to academic research) in one or more of our 5+1 challenges for the peer reviews;
- Writing skills in English (B2 level at least or native) for inclusive language, MoP coherence and pan European relevance;
- Excellent writing skills in European English (C2 or native) for English proficiency;
- Basic knowledge on the internal organisation of Volt Europa.
The European Policy Team embraces diversity: The European Policy Team continues the effort to build a diverse team. As such, when reviewing each application we will consider the goal of increasing diversity in our team.
How to apply:
Please send an email to the lead of the Editorial Review Team, Udo Pape-Kampmeier (firstname.lastname@example.org) presenting yourself as a candidate together with a CV that should show clearly your skills, professional experience and academic background. Additionally, you should include a brief motivation letter that describes why you are interested in joining the European Policy Team and why you believe you are the best person to join the Editorial Review Team.
If shortlisted, you will be contacted to have two interviews with the Editorial Review Lead and the European Policy Leads.
In case of any questions please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com