Policy Officer/Policy Expert
As a policy shaper (Policy Officer/Policy Expert) you will be responsible for the development of policies European Electoral Policy Programme for our election campaign in 2024 on one of the topics below:
Take your chance to contribute to a truly pan-European Electoral Program for Volt!
- The European Policy Programme will include the policies needed to reach our vision of Europe in the next 5 to 15 years. You will also support in briefing our candidates about our program. As Policy Shaper, you will be responsible for both.
- The writing process will be interactive, to ensure the voices of our members and different stakeholders are reflected in our policies. It will be your responsibility to include their ideas in your writing. You will do this through drafting and revising proposals. Support in engaging proactively with stakeholders and processing their inputs will be provided throughout.
- Expert input is key in developing evidence-based policy proposals. You will interact with experts related to the policy field you are responsible for, such as interest groups, civil society groups, think tanks, and individual experts, both inside and outside of Volt.
- You will engage with Volt members through the participation in inclusive events, and topic discussions, and overall engage in positive and constructive communication.
- commitment and passion for developing and delivering policy based on Volt values
- expert knowledge and/or experience in the relevant policy area(s) or topic(s)
- effective research and analysis skills (including quantitative and qualitative)
- effective policy writing skills
- knowledge of EU legislation is preferable
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- interpersonal and leadership skills,
- ability to work in diverse groups and environments
- ability to understand diverse perspectives
- ability to influence and negotiate successfully
- ability to adapt to shifting priorities in a rapidly evolving external environment
- availability to commit to 10 hours a week in a flexible working environment
We value and encourage diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age and sexual ideology, age, sexual orientation and identity.
How to apply
Please send an email to the policy leads, Claudio Lanza and Inês Bravo Figueiredo, firstname.lastname@example.org presenting yourself as a candidate together with a CV that should show clearly your skills, professional experience and academic background.
Additionally, you should include a brief motivation letter that describes why you are interested in joining the European Policy Team and why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this position.
If shortlisted, you will be contacted to have two interviews with the Policy Community Lead and the Lead of the College of Policy Shapers.
In case of any questions please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com