Policy Shaper Leads (f/d)
Lead and track the delivery of Volt’s electoral policies, advise political leaders in the area with an ambitious Pan-European perspective.
- Coordinate the work of the Policy officers in delivering policies for the Electoral Policy Programme 2024;
- Coordinate the delivery of Research, and Policy papers, and Candidate briefs to inform political leaders and elected Volters;
- Identify, lead and motivate Policy Officers;
- Managing the work of the Policy Officers leads, making sure things are progressing as expected;
- Report progress to Policy Team co-Leads and contribute to the regular CORE team calls of the team.
- an interest in policy and bringing about change
- good written and verbal communication skills, to absorb complex information and present it to different audiences in a clear and accessible way
- interpersonal and leadership skills, to work and build relationships, including remotely, with a range of people holding different views
- ability to supervise, train or guide team members using Volt’s digital platforms
- the ability to understand diverse perspectives and to be able to influence and negotiate successfully
- good organisation skills, to track priorities, work to deadlines, manage projects, and motivate volunteers
- a flexible and adaptable approach, in order to respond to shifting priorities and a rapidly evolving external environment
- the ability and desire to acquire and maintain knowledge of a policy area or areas of good political judgement and initiative, for making decisions autonomously or advising others on the most effective course of action
- available and willing to commit to 15 hours a week in a flexible working environment
We value and encourage diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age and sexual ideology, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Please not that role is a volunteer position.
How to apply
Please send an email to the policy leads, Claudio Lanza and Inês Bravo Figueiredo, email@example.com presenting yourself as a candidate together with a CV that should show clearly your skills, professional experience and academic background.
Additionally, you should include a brief motivation letter that describes why you are interested in joining the European Policy Team and why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this position.
If shortlisted, you will be contacted to have two interviews with the Editorial Review Lead and the European Policy Leads.
In case of any questions please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org