Communications full-timer: Media Relations Expert
About the team:
Volt is a dynamic and growing political presence in Europe with ambitious plans for the European Elections in 2024. To realise these ambitious plans, Volt Europa's message needs to reach a wider, more diverse audience to facilitate conversations and connections with potential supporters. That's where the Volt Europa Communications Team comes in.
The Communications Team is responsible for disseminating Volt's message to the outside world. They work closely with the Volt Europa Board, Elected Officials from across Europe, and teams within Volt Europa, to ensure our message connects with the right supporters through the right medium.
What we need:
Volt is looking for a Media Relations Specialist (female/male/diverse) who will increase positive awareness of the party, its representatives and its mission among the public and especially target groups likely to support Volt. The candidate should have a proven track record of building strong relationships with international media and generating meaningful news coverage. They must be able to express themselves very effectively in writing. A journalistic background, experience in crisis communication and an ability to utilise social media to gain media attention are a clear plus.
What the role is about:
- Help the Media Relations Leads formulate a strategy to boost Volt Europa’s reputation.
- Build strong relationships with strategically relevant journalists
- Manage media inquiries
- Write press releases, review speeches, and other externally-facing copy
- Help create a public relations crisis response plan
- Engage with internal stakeholders to identify content worth sharing with the media
- Share experience and knowledge with media relations volunteers across Volt
What we want from you:
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in Public Relations, Media Relations or Journalism.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Successfully completed studies in communication sciences or journalism
- Good intuition for the needs of target groups, paired with analytical skills, an eye for detail and the importance of data.
- Enthusiasm, independent and structured way of working.
- An understanding of how to build professional relationships with journalists
- Excellent planning, prioritising, and organisational skills, ability to stay calm under pressure, and to handle a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral, more languages are a plus.
- A good knowledge of how to use Social Media in order to garner attention is considered to be a bonus.
What we offer:
- You contribute to shaping Volt's success in Europe and grow with the party.
- You work with like-minded people, representing the richness of Europe's people.
- Short decision-making processes, flat hierarchies and room to implement your ideas.
- You work on future-oriented, long-term projects.
- We offer the possibility of mobile working.
- 30 days of holiday per annum.
Between 30-48k per annum, depending on experience level and adjusted according to purchasing power where you live.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter, as well as a two minute video explaining why you are interested in the role to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com before November 27 2022.