Newsletter Writer (female/male/diverse)
Location and status: Flexible Location, Volunteer
Hours required: 4-10 hours (depending on workload)
Application Deadline: 2nd January 2023
Volt is looking for an ambitious new member who is a skilled writer and passionate about European politics! As part of this role you will be working with the communications team.
Description of the Team
Volt Europa is a dynamic and growing political presence in Europe with ambitious plans for the European Elections in 2024. To realize these ambitious plans, Volt Europa's message needs to reach a wider, more diverse audience to facilitate conversations and connections with potential supporters. That's where the Volt Europa Communications Team comes in.
The Communications Team is responsible for disseminating Volt's message to the outside world. They work closely with the Volt Europa Board, Elected Officials from across Europe, and teams within Volt Europa, to ensure our message connects with the right supporters through the right medium.
- You ate a skilled communicator who can listen and translate information into written deliverables.
- You have experience creating compelling narratives, key messages, and tools (e.g., articles, blog posts, talking points, presentations) that promote knowledge sharing and inspire action.
- You can break down the objectives of our political programme mission and write engaging content, even when covering technical or complicated policies.
Duties and Responsibility
- Develop written deliverables and key communication tools in line with Volt’s mission and goals.
- Create compelling content that translates our political programme for 2024.
- Comprehend and synthesize complex information in a way that is understandable and relatable for our members.
- Keep track of the newsletter calendar.
- Plan communication content.
- Align with national chapters to insert their updates in the newsletters.
- You will be responsible for utilizing the knowledge and expertise of our team and researching data to create digestible, readable, and effective communication deliverables that convey political information.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV, a short cover letter (max one page) and one work sample to get a sense of your writing style to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Newsletter Writer”.
This is an unpaid position, if an internship is mandatory in your Bachelor or Master, we can provide the necessary documentation.
Volt Europa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Volt Europa does not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity.