Account Manager - large donors (f/m/d)
Apply now to become our Account Manager for large donors that unlocks the unique potential we have to unite across Europe and really have an impact!
- Are you experienced in building up and managing large donor networks?
- Do you want to create successful campaigns to attract large donors?
- Does the prospect of creating a professional, volunteer-based fundraising organisation energise you?
You are invited to apply! It does not matter what the colour of your skin is, which gender you identify with, whether you have a disability, who you love, what your faith is. We believe the power of diversity achieves better results for our society at large. We can only be the inclusive political movement we aspire to be, if we represent different voices and perspectives in our society.
Do you want to contribute to Europe's future?
Volt stands for a united and federal Europe, where everyone has equal opportunities to fulfil their unique potential. We strive to achieve the highest human, environmental, social, and technological development together. We are a pan-European political movement with more than 110 elected representatives across Europe and thousands of members and volunteers. For more information, visit www.volteuropa.org.
Join our growing fundraising team to scale Volt’s impact!
We are in the process of adding full-time employees to our currently fully voluntary fundraising team. We aim to generate a sufficient, sustainable, and diverse income for Volt to fund our 2024 EU Election preparation and campaign. We do this by winning, growing and retaining donors in an ethical way.
What we look for in you
- You are able to understand donor and stakeholder needs to establish strong relationships
- You bring fundraising experience in a political party or non-profit organisation
- You communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels, externally and internally
- You are well organised, have effective time management, project management and interpersonal skills
- You are driven, motivated and a self-starter
What we offer:
- Salaries start at EUR 30k per contract year, depending on experience level. Salaries can also be negotiated. We are currently reviewing our entire compensation scheme with an external agency and will adjust salaries if applicable.
- The majority of the work will be remote, you will meet and work with like-minded people, representing the richness of Europe's people on a daily basis
- 30 days of holiday per contract year (in addition to bank holidays)
- You contribute to shaping Volt's success in Europe and will grow with our party and movement, and can have a positive impact on European society.
How to apply:
Are you going to be our new colleague? To ensure we judge all applications in an objective way, we are not asking you to apply through a cover letter but to provide us with a CV and answer the following questions through this form before 20th of February 2023. We ask all applicants the same questions so we can get an impression of what they have to offer to be successful in the position. Please make sure you prepare yourself well by filling in your answers in the form. This is the only information we will select the applicants upon that will be interviewed for the position. The interviews start from the 20th of February onwards.
Questions you are asked to answer in the form:
- We seek to find someone who has a clear vision of how to sell the idea of Volt Europa and our mission in fundraising campaigns. What attracts you to our idea and mission as Volt Europa and what do you hope to achieve as our future account manager for large donors?
- Our fundraising plans are ambitious and our fundraising efforts should start sooner rather than later. Can you share an example of a fundraising campaign you have managed? Within this example can you share what made it a success as well as one of the challenges you encountered and how you overcame it?
- We strive to set up a network for large donors (wealthy individuals and businesses) across Europe. We seek someone that can both think of ways to attract large donors and can also attract them with Volts principles and ideas. We ask you to upload a video (maximum of 2 minutes) in which you pitch a fundraising idea to us that you propose to use to attract large donors.
- As a pan-European political movement, we aim to inspire our teams in different countries across Europe to start their fundraising efforts and collaborate with our European fundraising team to set up a network for large donors. As such, we look for someone that is able to unite and empower people across Europe. Can you share an example where you had to deal with different interests and cultures in your work? What was the setting for the goal you served to bring these interests and cultures together, what result did you achieve and how?
- In order to be successful in this position, what would you need from our end to enable and empower you the best way possible?