General Secretary male co-lead
Volt Europa has resolved to have all its teams be lead by gender-balanced co-leads, and this is a vacancy for the male position, as the female co-lead is currently filled.
- Reporting to: The European Board
- Hours: 20 hrs/week voluntarily with intent to become a paid position 40 hrs/week
- Location: No particular location is required
- Time limit for sending the applications: 18th of November 2020
Great that you are interested to work together with thousands of Europeans and that you want to contribute to shaping our future by working on the European level of Volt.
When you become our male General Secretary, you will be managing a team that is leading, shaping and organizing our movement. That is facilitating our campaigns, our Pan-European actions from all corners of Europe to the European Parliament and beyond!
It will be a wonderful ride, an incredibly challenging, stimulating, and dynamic work experience. You will be involved in major developments of the coolest political project of the century. We have two co-leads in each leadership position and strive for gender balance. That’s why we specific indicate that we are looking for a male co-lead for the General Secretary position as you will be working together with our female General Secretary, Anouk Ooms.
Purpose of the position:
The key responsibility of the General Secretary is the management of the internal organization to ensure Volt Europa can function effectively.
Division of time and focus:
- Management of internal organization (60% time)
- Stakeholder management (25% time)
- Administrative tasks (15% time)
Our internal organization
The General Secretaries work straight under the European Board and focus on the implementation of our vision and strategic objectives. As such the General Secretaries manage the internal organization.
The internal organization is set up with functional teams that work on specific topics and consist of: academy, community, data analytics, events, expansion, finance, fundraising, legal, partnership and tech. Each functional team is lead by 2 co-leads. The functional teams work closely together with the political leads: Policy and Communication.
Our task forces and projects cut across the functional teams and work together with the functional leads.
Lastly, the General Secretaries oversee the work of the commissions that have an advisory role to the organization such as strategy, governance and data protection.
Would you like further information regarding this role? Please send an email to Anouk. She can tell you all about this unique and valuable position within Volt Europa.
Essential competences we seek:
- Leadership skills: empowering people, building bridges and enhance trust
- Project management skills
- Communication and building-relationship skills
- Organisational and long planning skills: flexibility, organization and time management skills
- Ability to take responsible decisions
- Ability to act immediately on urgent issues and high availability
Responsibilities of the General Secretary
1. Management internal organization (60% time spent):
- Supervise and support functional teams in their operational management of the organization
- Supervise and support commissions, task forces and projects
- Ensure professional development of the internal organization
- Ensure that the organization fulfills its (legal) requirements
- Implementation strategic objectives
2. Stakeholders management (25% time spent):
Operating as a key contact for members and volunteers in the internal organization to connect between levels and prioritize workloads. On top of the internal organization, the main stakeholders are:
- The European Board
- The National General Secretaries
3. Administrative tasks (15% time spent):
- Report to European Board on operational decisions and progress
- Advise European Board on strategic decisions
- Implement new procedures and systems
- Working on documents as plans, proposals, reports, agendas, minutes etc.
Are you in?
Then, apply before the 18th of November 2020! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page) and a video (maximum 3 minutes) where you introduce yourself and tell what you would like to achieve as General Secretary.