Finance co-lead (female/diverse)
- You will be in charge of the creation and reviewing of key financial documentation of Volt Europa and the oversight of compliance of national chapters (70% of time spent)
- You will develop a comprehensive compliance strategy and procedures (20% of time spent)
- You will be leading team members and empowering other members in the finance team and work with motivated volunteers
- (10% of time spent)
Purpose of the Finance team: The Finance team supports the Volt Europa
Treasurer in working towards financial sustainability while finding innovative solutions to complex problems. The Finance team is responsible for key accounting and reporting activities as well as strategic financial management and the assurance of compliance within the organisation.
Purpose of the position: The Finance co-lead is responsible for developing a comprehensive compliance strategy and procedures and their implementation. The Finance co-leads, as close advisors to the Volt Europa Treasurer, also have oversight of strategic financial planning and budgets.
Benefits & advantages: You are working with highly motivated people with various backgrounds. You are encouraged to take initiative and responsibility from day one. Moreover, you are a crucial player in bringing Volt Europa forward and contribute to the growth of the party.
What we are looking for
Experience & Skills:
- Finance and accounting skills
- Organizational skills
- Audit expertise beneficial
- Stakeholder management skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Collaborative, team orientated approach
- 2 years professional experience in audit, accounting or financial services (optional)
- Experience in managing teams (optional)
- Similar previous experience (optional)
Volt Europa has resolved to have all its teams be led by gender-balanced co-leads, this vacancy is for the female/diverse co-lead position.
Working together with: Johannes (General Secretary) & Mihaela (Treasurer), Christophe (Finance- co-lead) and many motivated volunteers
Hours: approx. 10 hrs per week, flexible schedule
Location: Work from anywhere you want
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page), and a video where you introduce yourself and tell what you would like to achieve in this role.
Would you like further information regarding this role? Please send an email to Johannes and Mihaela.