Events Co-lead (female)
Volt Europa has resolved to have all its teams be lead by gender-balanced co-leads, and this is a vacancy for the female position as the male position is filled.
- Reporting to: Eileen O’Sullivan & Reinier van Lanschot
- Working closely with co-lead Michael Vogtmann
- Hours: 10-20 hrs per week (depending on time of year and events to be planned)
- Location: no particular location is required
- There is no compensation for this voluntary position
- Deadline for sending the applications: 1st of April 2020
The purpose of the Events co-lead is to have an overview of all European events and actions. Sharing the capacities needed specifically for larger, long-term events such as the GA and the Volt Festival. Creating a pan-European Team spirit // External: Bringing media attention to Volt; Strengthening the narrative of Volt Europa as a pan-European movement; Providing a stage to present Volt Europa’s policies; Supporting election campaigns, when possible (national, regional, local).
Key responsibilities & duties
Supervises and coordinates projects. Communicates projects with national Events Leads.
- Coordinating large scale European events such as the GA with all relevant members (e.g. the national Events lead) (65% of time spent)
- Informing national event leads on events and actions coming up but also receiving feedback and input (20% of time spent)
- Coordinating with other teams (e.g. Design, Communications)(15% of time spent)
Your experience and skills
- Languages: ideally multiple languages
- High motivational level to work for the European Level
- Organisational talent, maintaining structures, practical thinking
- Must: Ability to communicate and keep everyone up to date
- Ideally experience in organizing events (i.e. local team or national Event Lead with 6 months experience)
- “Open for adventures, because this whole thing is one” (says co-lead Michael) and able to maintain humour in stressful times
- High Organisational skills,
- maintaining structures and communicating,
- coordinating multiple teams
- Team oriented approach
- Communication skills
- Problem solving aptitude
- Leadership skills
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- A spirit of entrepreneurship and initiative
Optional: Project management experience, Volt experience,
Please send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page) and a video where you introduce yourself and tell what you would like to achieve in this role.
Would you like further information regarding this role? Please send an email to the same people where you would send your application.