Events Co-lead (Female/non-binary)
Volt Europa has resolved to have all its teams be lead by gender-balanced co-leads, and this is a vacancy for the Female/non-binary position as the male position is filled.
- Hours: 10-20 hrs per week (depending on the time of year and events to be planned)
- Location: no particular location is required
- There is no compensation for this voluntary position
Our Events leads maintain an overview of all European events and actions happening. They work together with their team for larger, long-term events such as the GA and other Pan-European events and collaborate with the national chapters.
Key responsibilities & duties
Supervises and coordinates projects. Communicates projects with national Events Leads.
- Coordinating and organizing large scale European events such as the GA (40% of time spent)
- Coordinating “regular” EUR Events (20 % of time spent)
- Team management & development (10 % of time spent)
- Informing national events leads on events and actions, supporting them and fostering knowledge transfer (20% of time spent)
- Coordinating with other functional teams (10% of time spent)
Time commitment: 10-20 hrs per week depending on the time of year and events to be planned.
Experience and skills
In the role you will working closely with different teams and organising events to ensure our Pan-European culture throughout the movement. We seek someone who has a high motivation to work for the European team. In order to ensure collaboration with the National teams as well as the European events team, it is important that you are an organisational talent that is able to work within the set-up structures and can think pragmatic and practical. It would be of great benefit if you already have experience in organising events for example within a local or national team and even more so in an international setting.
- Languages: ideally multiple languages
- High motivational level to work for the European Level
- Organisational talent, maintaining structures, practical thinking
- Must: Ability to communicate and keep everyone up to date
- Ideally experience in organizing events
- Organisational skills: maintaining structures and coordinating multiple teams
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills: team-oriented approach
- Problem-solving attitude
- A spirit of entrepreneurship and initiative
- Project management experience
- Volt experience
Please send an email to Reinier van Lanschot (Volt Europa Co-President) and Anouk Ooms (General Secretary) with your CV, motivation letter (maximum 1 page) and a video (maximum of 3 minutes) where you introduce yourself and tell what you would like to achieve in this role.
This is an unpaid position, if an internship is mandatory in your Bachelor or Master, we can provide the necessary documentation.
Volt Europa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Volt Europa does not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity.
Volt Europa has a 2-leads structure for all positions: given that we already have a male lead for this position, people identifying as women or non-binary are strongly encouraged to apply.
Get the chance to improve your skills in social media management and communication with a large community of like-minded volunteers from all over Europe!