Design Co-lead (female/diverse)
Location and status: Flexible Location, Volunteer
Hours required: 5-10 per week
Application Deadline: 2nd January 2023
We are looking for a talented designer to take the lead on the work concerning our brand identity and creating great designs for print and our social media channels.
About the position
As a design co-lead you will build, coordinate and manage a team of other graphic designers in cooperation with your male counterpart. Together with the social media team and the communications leads, you will ensure consistent design throughout our external communication, create curated visuals for our channels and further develop our brand.
This is a great opportunity to have a big impact on European politics while developing leadership skills and connecting with people from all across Europe.
- Gain a deep understanding of our values and core topics
- Lead a team of fellow volunteers from across Europe
- Develop your skills and learn more about branding
- Engage with local teams in Europe to ensure a consistent brand
- Create pictures and visuals in line with branding guidelines
- Able to build, coordinate and manage a team of Graphic Designers
- Studying or holding a degree in Graphic Design, Arts, Marketing or related fields
- Very familiar with InDesign, Figma, Canva, Photoshop and other design software
- A born multi-tasker
- An artist with tons of imagination
- Good level in English (B2 minimum)
- Ability to manage, lead, and mobilize teams of volunteers working in Graphic Design
- Multitasking Ability and organizational skills
- Motivation to be part of a multidisciplinary team (Social Media, Media Relations, Design) in a multicultural environment
- A hands-on mindset
- An eye for design, you can see the flaws in pictures before we upload them
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Basic knowledge of social media functionalities to plan your designs accordingly
- Team spirit, you know how to work well with others and don’t hesitate to voice your opinion
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV, a short cover letter (max 200 words) and a small portfolio of your best creations, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Graphic Designer” by 30 June 2022.
This is an unpaid position, if an internship is mandatory in your Bachelor or Master, we can provide the necessary documentation.
Volt Europa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Volt Europa does not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity.
Volt Europa has a 2-leads structure for all positions: given that we already have a male lead for this position, people identifying as women or non-binary are strongly encouraged to apply.
Get the chance to improve your skills in social media management and communication with a large community of like-minded volunteers from all over Europe!