Data Protection Officer (M/D)
- Reporting to: Liping Oerlemans and Anouk Ooms
- Hours: 4 hours per week
- Location: no particular location is required
- Application deadline: Rolling Application
Purpose of the position:
The DPO is an advisory position, responsible for promoting and supervising compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws. It will also act at the point of contact with the Belgian Supervising Authority.
Within Volt Europa, the DPO will be one of the two leads of the data protection function: the DPO will be mainly advisory and supervisory, and will work in conjunction with the other lead, who will take an active role in promoting and carrying out compliance projects.
Key responsibilities & duties:
Providing guidance and legal advice on data protection matters to the Board of Volt Europa and its functional teams; supervising compliance and escalating issues to the appropriate level; drafting and maintaining legal documentation; Managing contacts with data subjects, acting as the point of contact with the Belgian Supervisory Authority.
- Guidance and legal advices on data protection matters (25% of time spent)
- Supervising data protection compliance (20% of time spent)
- Drafting Privacy Statements and other technical documentation (25% of time spent)
- Managing data subjects’ requests (20% of time spent)
- Act as point of contact with the Belgian Supervisory Authority (10% of time spent)
- Experience in relevant fields (e.g. compliance, advisory or supervisory roles, project management) is a plus
- Knowledge of data protection laws
- Legal drafting
- Fluency in English
- Strong personal integrity
Optional: Fluency in one among Dutch, French, or German, Professionalism, Discretion, Effective communication, Assertiveness, Customers’ service, Positive language, Attentiveness, Patience
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page).
Contact details: Would you like further information regarding this role? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Please be aware that the applications will be considered on a rolling basis.