Data Analytics Co-lead
Volt Europa has resolved to have all its teams be lead by gender-balanced co-leads, and this is a vacancy for the female/divers position.
- Reporting to: Lennard Everwien
- Hours: 10 hrs per week
- Location: no particular location is required
- Time limit for sending the applications: 20th of January 2021
Purpose of the team:
The EUR Data Analytics team is at the core of the efforts of Volt being an evidence-based organization. By making use of the various data sources to generate insights for the whole of Europe, its aim is to create a European wide data platform. Moreover, it utilizes the methodological skills of its members to conduct empirical studies to shape the political discourse in Europe. The Co-Lead of the EUR Data Analytics team will oversee and coordinate the activities of their team.
Purpose of the position:
The activities of the EUR Data Analytics team range from such diverse topics as social media analyses over the design of statistical tools for the prediction of Volt’s electoral success to the analyses of Volt’s member-base and Volt’s internal communications. The team coordinates and aligns on these activities with the national D&A teams. The work of the EUR Data Analytics team involves a diverse set of stakeholders from the local level to the European level, as well as cooperating closely with various functional teams (especially comms and tech).
- Internal Data (Analysis of Workplace and the volt.team membership database),
- Social Media Data (Analysis of our Social Media Activities, Facebook + Instagram)
- Open Public Data (Election Analysis, Socio-economic data)
- Survey Team (Creating and distributing surveys to the Volt membership, as well as to external populations)
Experience and skills:
- Fluent English
- Strong organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Familiarity with current Data Engineering, Science and Analytics practices
- A broad understanding of, as well as experience in, conducting empirical research from an academic perspective
- An analytic mindset
- Motivation to lead a multidisciplinary team and the willingness to learn, as well as create incentives for team members to grow their skillset
- Working with a great team of committed Volters with diverse academic backgrounds from biophysics to economics
- Working with all organisational (local, national, european) and functional levels of Volt
- The possibility to gain generalist expertise in various fields related to data analytics from machine learning over survey design to social media algorithms
- The full experience of the diversity of Europe that the functional work in Volt provides
Please send an email to email@example.com with your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page) and a video where you introduce yourself and tell what you would like to achieve in this role.
Would you like further information regarding this role? Please send an email to Anouk or Mike Winkel firstname.lastname@example.org