Data Analytics Co-lead
We are looking for a female co-lead.
- Reporting to: Valerie Sternberg
- Hours: 10 hrs per week
- Location: no particular location is required
- There is no compensation for this voluntary position
- Deadline for sending the applications: 12th of February 2020
The EUR Data Analytics team is at the core of the efforts of Volt being an evidence-based organization. It utilizes the methodological skills of its members to conduct empirical studies, and creates analytical pipelines to enhance the capability of Volt to shape the political discourse in Europe. The Co-Leads of the EUR Data Analytics team will oversee and coordinate the activities of their team.
Key responsibilities & duties
The activities of the EUR Data Analytics team range from such diverse topics as social media analyses over the design of statistical tools for the prediction of Volt’s electoral success to the analyses of Volt’s member-base and Volt’s internal communications. The team coordinates and aligns on these activities with the national D&A teams. The work of the EUR Data Analytics team involves a diverse set of stakeholders from the local level to the European level, as well as cooperating closely with various functional teams (especially comms and tech).
Our current workstreams are:
- Internal Data (Analysis of Workplace and the volt.team membership database),
- Social Media Data (Analysis of our Social Media Activities, Facebook + Instagram)
- Open Public Data (Election Analysis, Socio-economic data)
- Survey Team (Creating and distributing surveys to the Volt membership, as well as to external populations)
Tasks and Competencies
- Coordinates the overall organization and output of the team (10% of time)
- Aligns on activities and needs with national teams (10% of time spent)
- Develops new and improves established workstreams together with the team members, (30% of time)
- Organises and moderates team calls (currently two weekly calls) (10% of time)
- Acts as a link to key stakeholders such as other functional teams, national boards, or the EUR board (20% of time)
- Strategises on the development of the team together with the EUR leadership (10% of time)
- Trains the EUR Data Analytics team (10% of time)
- Project management, Organizational skills
- Communication skills, fluent English
- Experience in conducting empirical research
- Analytical mindset
Optional: Experience in teaching
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page) and a video where you introduce yourself and tell what you would like to achieve in this role.