Communications Co-lead (Male/Diverse)
Volt Europa has resolved to have all its teams be lead by gender-balanced co-leads, and this is a vacancy for the male/diverse position, as the female co-lead position is currently filled.
- Reporting to: Reinier van Lanschot. Working closely with the other Comms co-lead and the co-leads of the comms subteams and the accountable board members of those subteams
- Hours: >12 hrs per week
- Location: no particular location is required
- There is no compensation for this voluntary position
Purpose of the position
The Communications team of Volt Europa is in charge of the
Communications strategy, as well as the production of the external
of the party’s European level. The Comms Co-leads are in charge of coordinating the work of the team with regards to the party’s Social Media presence, graphics design and PR word and strengthening Volt’s brand, narrative and media presence whilst also coordinating messaging and content with national Communications teams.
Key responsibilities & duties
The Co-Leads will coordinate the Strategy, Design, PR and Social Media sub-teams to ensure overall communicative cohesion. The leads also coordinate with the national communications teams to ensure alignment between the different national chapters of Volt Europa. The co-leads also work on the overall strategic communications of Volt.
The leads also support in content creation, such as for example, but not limited to, drafting of press releases and social media statements on various social media platforms, and graphic design.
Tasks and Competencies
- Liaise with National Teams (40% of time spent)
- European Team Leadership (40% of time spent)
- Content creation (20-50% (to decrease as team capacity is built))
- Leadership and management skills
- Communication skills (messaging, framing and spinning)
- Time managing skills
- Multitasking capacity
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Team orientated approach
Project management experience, Conflict resolution experience, writing skills, graphic design, Qualifications relating to communications and public relations is meriting. Experience working in the field of professional communications and communication within Volt is meriting.
Please send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page) and a video where you introduce yourself and tell what you would like to achieve in this role.