Volt is looking for a Campaign Manager
Volt is a pan-European, progressive movement aiming to revolutionize the way politics is done and to change the future of Europe, for the better. Volt was started by a group of passionate youngsters - no former politician, no rich businessman - as a reaction to the Brexit and the nationalist trends that are rising on our continent. Only a year after its founding, Volt is now present in 30 European countries, has inspired thousands of volunteers and founded 8 political parties. Volt aims to get into the European parliament as one movement all-over Europe to bring European politics to life. Volt believes that only by cooperating we will make Europe thrive in the future; only together can we solve the challenges that are bigger than our individual countries and only together can we have a weight on the international stage.
Volt has nearly 15,000 subscribers and activists in Europe, with a staff of 4 full-timers in Brussels, and many others at national level. We are hiring a campaign manager to join our European Campaign team to prepare, launch, and develop the campaign for the European Parliamentary election across the continent. It is a unique opportunity to shape the first real pan-European electoral campaign of this continent.
Reporting directly to the Board, and working closely with our national teams, the European Campaign Manager will develop and implement the strategy of our campaign, be the first point of contact with the agencies we will contract, guide the national campaign teams, and ensure a consistent development of our campaign. The position will be likely based in Brussels, and some travels might be involved. Because of the upcoming campaign, the team expects to work long hours and some weekends.
- Lead Volt’s European Parliamentary campaign.
- Develop and implement campaign plans, budgets and tactics in close collaboration with our existing teams (Campaign, Events, Expansion, Communication, Strategy, Human Resources) and with external stakeholders.
- Develop campaign efforts across target geographies.
- Organize campaign briefings and reports. Manage campaign consultants and vendors as assigned.
- The candidate must have participated in a leading position in a minimum of two political campaign.
- The candidate must have managed campaigns heavily reliant on volunteers and under time pressure.
- The candidate is experienced in and adept as both an organizer and as a communication tactician. They should be experienced in and well-prepared to frame issues, use polling and other research to guide advocacy communications, and organize outreach to stakeholders and coalition partners.
- The candidate should have proven experience in managing internal processes, project teams and budgets.
- The candidate should have an exceptional ability to analyze information, formulate plans, adopt plans and tactics as conditions change, and convey them in writing and through oral presentations.
- The candidate should be flexible:changing political circumstances may require rapid change of plans.
- The candidate should have a track record of cultivating high-level relationships with political, non-profit advocacy, and philanthropic leaders, with a well-established professional network in politics, government, and non-profit advocacy.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Recent experience working in and having desirable professional networks in various European countries.
- Professional exposure to European politics is not required. We are looking for innovative, cutting edge campaign and public affairs professionals, first and foremost.
- Fluency in several European languages is a plus, English a must.
Volt is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are and equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of, ethnicity, skin color, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by European, national, or local law. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send to email@example.com
- Your resume,
- A cover letter,
- A 120-second video presenting yourself, and elaborating on why you feel strongly about our mission.
A writing and presentation test may be requested of finalists.
Please add any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please refrain from phone calls, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.