Political Programme Copywriter (female/male/diverse)
Location and status: Flexible Location, Volunteer
Hours required: 8-10 hours per week (depending on workload and could be more towards the end of the process)
Application Deadline: 2nd January 2023
About the Position
The European Board and Communications team at Volt Europa are looking for a female, male or diverse political programme copywriter to edit and copy write our political programme for the 2024 European Elections. In order for our policies to shine, we need them to be clearly and effectively communicated - and that will be your role.
This is a volunteer position, but we estimate that this will take 8 to 10 hours weekly to work with our policy team. Your main responsibilities will be copywriting original, and engaging content to ensure that people have a clear understanding of what our programme stands for. You will be responsible for editing the content produced by the policy team. In addition, you’ll collaborate closely with our communications teams as you develop messaging and create content to expand our memberbase and organization goals.
- You dive deep into politics and are a passionate writer.
- You never shy away from political affairs.
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills.
- You have good time management, organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- You have excellent interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to work well in a team and build relationships with people from a diversity of backgrounds.
- You have an analytical mind and ability to think critically.
- You have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have outstanding written and oral communication skills including superior writing, grammar, editing and proofreading skills.
- You have an eye for what makes good copy, and how to engage readers
- Ability to translate complex topics into simple language, making texts relevant to the reader/ benefit driven
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of communications strategies that raise awareness of Volt’s mission and grow the organization’s audience and engagement.
- Support the development and execution of our political programme 2024 around key communications initiatives.
- Implement communications strategies to policy documents
- Stay up to date on political topics and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a short cover letter (max one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Political Programme Copywriter ”.
Volt Europa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Volt Europa does not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity.
Get the chance to improve your communications skills and build political positions with a large community of like-minded volunteers from all over Europe!