Frontend Developer (d/f/m) - EUR Data Analytics
We are looking for a talented frontend developer that can help us with the development of the Volt Campaigner App. The name “Data Analytics team” doesn’t encompass everything that we do, as in fact our umbrella covers most projects at the European level of Volt that involve machine learning, data science, natural language processing, social media analytics, survey and visual analytics, election debriefs, and campaign/geo-analytics.
About the position
The Volt Campaigner App is used by chapters all across Europe. The app has many features, some of which are based on OpenStreetMap, such as marking poster locations, highlighting streets for mailbox flirting, recording locations for flier distribution/volt stands; with many more to come! For an overview of what’s in store, feel free to check in with any of our co-leads (you can find their contacts below).
As a frontender in the EUR Data Analytics team, you will work closely with our lead developer, Ronald Crooy. He has been the driving force behind the project since June 2021. The first version of the app was developed through a one-weekend hackathon with him and his team!
As the workload increases, we are now looking for some new hands to join our team. Technical experience is helpful - certain skills are also required - but we do not expect you to be an expert in the field. If in doubt, apply!
- Join our Campaigner App team meetings and programming sessions
- Shadow Ronald and the rest of the team for some time
- Put in some hands-on work when the need arises, or your expertise comes in handy
- Gain lots of extra experience in a startup-like environment
- Get in contact with many people that have all kinds of expertise within the field of IT (and outside, most of our projects are collaborations with other non-tech teams)
- Spend approximately 3 hours a week working with us
- Familiar with frontend development, specifically via ReactJS and TypeScript
- Familiar with Postgres and GraphQL
- A dynamic learner, with an open mindset and willing to work within the ever-changing framework of a volunteer organization
- Flexible and open to new solutions that address the issues arising through the project in the most efficient way
- Endlessly patient. The co-leads and Ronald take care of the expectation management aspects with stakeholders, but the need may always arise to answer some user questions, or doubts.
We know those are highly sought after skills and quite hard to come by, so if in doubt, apply!
Be aware that this is an unpaid position.
Volt Europa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Volt Europa does not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity.
Get the chance to refine your project management skills and tackle new challenges with a large community of like-minded volunteers from all over Europe!
If you are not a member of Volt, you will be asked to become a member as part of onboarding. If you already want to become a member (great idea!), go to: https://volt.team/join.