Elected Officials Office co-lead (F/D) (Volunteer position)
The Elected Officials Office (EOO) supports our Volt mandate holders across the European continent with coordination and liaison, internal and external communications, policy, and other key deliverables.
Benefits & advantages: You will work directly with all of Volt’s elected officials, the EUR Board, and other relevant party leaders across the continent. You will be exposed to policy issues and an inspiring environment to network with key Volt stakeholders and other partners. Moreover, you will be a crucial player in turning Volt’s vision into reality and contribute to the awareness and growth of the party.
Purpose of the Elected Officials’ Office: The EUR EOO team is primarily responsible for supporting Volt’s Elected Officials in their mandate and fostering collaboration between Elected Officials. The EOO further facilitates and improves communication and coordination of internal and external communication of Volt’s elected officials. The EOO is also responsible for maintaining an overview of Elected Officials, semi-elected officials and staff.
Purpose of the position: With currently over 130 elected officials in 5 different countries, …., …. Germany, the Netherlands, and Italy, Volt needs professionalisation and capacity expansion to support our mandate holders in their duties tasks and align with our policies so that we can effectively implement and promote Volt’s vision. There is currently a small and effective team which you will co-lead. You will create the necessary structures within Volt to support current and future EOs, while Volt still has a manageable number of EOs.
As a co-lead of the newly created European Elected Officials Office (EOO), you will have the following tasks:
- You will co-lead a small (but expanding) team across Europe,
- You will develop, improve and implement a strategy and projects that support the goals of the EOO,
- You will be in regular contact with Elected Officials,
- You will coordinate and work together with local, regional, national and European functional teams and volunteers,
- You will co-create standards and processes for all EOs and relevant EUR leadership.
- You will liaise with local and regional level EOs on their goals and support EOs and the European Board in proposing action for the parliamentary teams.
We are looking for the following Experience & Competencies:
- You are a teamplayer and a good listener;
- You are a person of integrity and inclusion;
- As English is the main working language, your English is sufficiently good to communicate
- You enjoy interacting with people.
Helpful - can be developed on the job:
- Knowledge of how Volt is structured/operates,
- Strong organisational skills.
Is a bonus
- Experience in political or governmental work;
- Multilingualism is an advantage;
Volt Europa has resolved to have all its teams led by gender-balanced co-leads. This vacancy is for women or diverse. The co-leads report to the European Board of Directors, in particular Lucas Kornexl.
Hours: approx. 6-12 hrs per week, flexible schedule
Location: no particular location is required.
Please send an email to the European Board of Directors (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lucas Kornexl (email@example.com) with your CV and motivation letter (maximum one page). A 2-minutes video is welcomed and optional.
Contact details: Would you like further information regarding this role? Please send an email to Lucas Kornexl (firstname.lastname@example.org). When applying for a leadership position at Volt Europa, we kindly request our candidates to be a member of their national chapter, or of Volt Europa in case there is no Volt chapter in your country yet.