EUR Data Analytics co-lead (d/f/m)
We are looking for a talented Data Analytics co-lead to manage a team of 20+ members working on a wide range of projects. The name “Data Analytics team” doesn’t encompass everything that we do, as in fact our umbrella covers most projects at the European level of Volt that involve machine learning, data science, natural language processing, social media analytics, survey and visual analytics, election debriefs, and campaign/geo-analytics.
About the position
You will work closely with our two other Data Analytics co-leads to coordinate the work of the team members, while also getting hands on experience when your expertise is needed for a specific project. Do not worry! Our current co-leads have very different backgrounds, which only made our team stronger. Technical experience is helpful - certain skills are also required - but we do not expect you to be an expert in every of those fields. If in doubt, apply!
- Join our team meetings and help us coordinate our stand-ups
- Connect our team members and manage their communication with other teams and national chapters
- Put in some hands-on work when the need arises, or your expertise comes in handy
- Gain lots of experience in a company-like environment
- Get in contact with many people that have all kinds of expertise within the field of IT (and outside, most of our projects are collaborations with other non-tech teams)
- Help build and maintain the data infrastructure of Volt Europa
- Spend approximately 15hrs a week working with us
- Familiar with any among the fields of data analytics, data science, machine learning, business analytics, project management (in a tech/IT context).
- A dynamic learner, with an open mindset and willing to work within the ever-changing framework of a volunteer organization
- Great at finding patterns and exploring trends
- Willing to research the right narrative to frame our analyses, so that it is accessible to everybody
- An undying love for clean and useful visualization that always convey the message properly
- Experience with Python (or R) - although not strictly necessary, it is highly recommended as Python is our main language
- Experience with sci-kit learn, pandas, geo-pandas, matplotlib, seaborn is a plus
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Experience with docker, Apache Airflow or AWS is a plus
We know those are highly sought after skills and quite hard to come by, so if in doubt, apply!
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV, a cover letter (max one page) and a short introduction video (max 3 minutes), to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Data Analytics co-lead”.
Be aware that this is an unpaid position.
Volt Europa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Volt Europa does not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity.
Although Volt Europa has a 2-leads structure for all positions, our increased workload for the Data Analytics team prompted us to search for a 3rd co-lead. That means you will be working alongside our two existing co-leads.
Get the chance to improve your skills in data analytics and project management with a large community of like-minded volunteers from all over Europe!
If you are not a member of Volt, you will be asked to become a member as part of onboarding. If you already want to become a member (great idea!), go to: https://volt.team/join.