A united Europe that values its citizens and residents, who are able to fulfill their unique potential and continuously strive to achieve together the highest standards of human, social, environmental, and technical development.
Our communities are our home. Our regions are our home. Our countries are our home. And Europe is our home. We want problems to be solved on the lowest level possible and at the highest necessary. Currently, Europe is not empowered to solve the problem it is facing, and citizens are paying the consequences.
We are clearly for a democratic system that follows the rule of law. We abstain from positioning ourselves as left or right. We want to find good solutions for all the problems that we see around us, and we draft policies based on research and testing.
Volt firmly adheres to the founding values of the European Union - human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, rule of law, and human rights - and the advancement of a society in which inclusion, tolerance, justice, solidarity and non-discrimination prevail.
We believe that there is still a lot to improve in our societies and we should strive for nothing less than the the highest standards of living for all residents - that is why we founded Volt. The main shared values that inspire our progressive vision of Europe are:
- Human Dignity. We believe in the unalterable dignity of the human being. This respect and appreciation for each and every human being guides our policy making at its heart.
- Equality of Opportunities. We believe in the right of everyone to be able to unfold their own unique potential, no matter what their life circumstances are. To achieve our vision of Europe we want to tap into the potential of every citizen and we cannot afford to allow that economic conditions, discrimination, or prejudice hold back some while favoring others.
- Freedom. We believe in all the freedoms that have been achieved in European societies so far and that are entrenched in the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights. However, some civil rights still vary from member state to member state. We are committed to making sure that all citizens enjoy the same level of freedom - whether it is about civil rights or starting a business - no matter in which part of our Union they live.
- Justice. We believe that justice is not only about equal treatment before the law, but also about a just and fair society, where social mobility is real, safety nets do not leave anyone behind, economic inequality is reduced, and the environment is protected for the common good of all.
- Sustainability. Our focus is progress to a better future, which is why we believe that sustainability is key. Our economies should be both environmentally and fiscally sustainable, so that future generations can enjoy a healthy and livable environment and are not over-burdened by debt.
Because we are as sceptical of politics as you are. Because some of us are experts, while all of us are curious, passionate and optimistic. Because we are offering a unified voice to all those who want to help build the future of Europe.